Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hands up who loves TV?

Since as far back as I can remember, I was brought up with a TV in the house and parents who from a young age gave me free reign to watch whatever movies and TV shows I liked in my spare time (well...back in the 80's it was Astro Boy, Sesame Street and hit movies like The Goonies btw: all time favourite movie EVER, Honey I shrunk the Kids, The Karate Kid, Never ending Story...then in the 90's it was Alf, The X-Files, Twin Peaks...just to name a few).

It's no wonder now as an adult, I still have that same appreciation for movies and TV shows. The last few years have seemed like a "golden era" in top quality TV shows with the likes of HBO, AMC, Netflix and other huge TV networks assisting in funding these series. I can't recall a time before then where serious TV drama touched on so many different genre's. Maybe I was too young to remember. Aside from raising our daughter and recently relocating to the land of the free.... (yep America) in the quiet evenings when Stella goes to bed, my husband and I do spend a lot of time catching up on all the TV series we have on the go. And then it dawned on me! What better way to I guess "record" or notate or for a better word, transcript, my thoughts, opinions and reviews on some of the stand out movies and TV series I have watched over the last 4-5 years. It may actually also give me an excuse to re-watch a few favourites too. So hands up to loves TV? (am I seeing many hands? I hope so hehe)

Many of my friends seem to be in the same boat. They have young children, the kids hit bedtime early and the parents then sit for a bit to relax and catch up on their favourite TV shows or watch a movie. So with this short introduction to why I have created this blog, I hope I have some followers who can read my thoughts, can then add to the discussion or tell me a bit about what they thought of that show or movie too.

I'll also aim to add a few links to the sites we use to preview movie ratings and scores of flicks we haven't yet watched. It's always handy to have a read and see what the consensus is from the general public. I've found this handy when starting a new TV series or wanting to download a movie.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment